1. Be on time! If you are late, you may arrive with a contempt charge already added to your original fine amount.
2. Dress appropriately. Shirts and shoes without holes are required. Shorts and tank tops are not permitted. Hats should be removed before entering the courtroom.
3. No smoking. As in most Government buildings, smoking is not permitted in the Bloomingdale Municipal Building. Dipping and tobacco chewing is also not allowed. An ashtray is located outside the doors of the City Hall for your convenience.
4. Turn off pagers/cell phones. No audible electronic devices are permitted inside the courtroom. An officer will confiscate the pager or cell phone and a contempt charge will be paid in full before the property is returned.
5. No weapons allowed. Absolutely no weapons are allowed inside City Hall, except those carried by certified law enforcement officers. Possession of dangerous weapons inside a Government building is a criminal offense, and you will face arrest and prosecution under OCGA 16-11-127.
6. Food/Drinks not allowed. No food or drinks are allowed inside the courtroom. Please deposit all food and/or drinks in the trash before entering the building.
7. Small children discouraged. It is recommended that small children not be brought into court. If at all possible, please make arrangements for a sitter prior to your court date. Continuances will not be granted because of childcare conflicts.
Court offices are closed on weekends and the following holidays:
New Years Day
If you have been issued a citation by an Officer of the Bloomingdale Police Department and you do not wish to appear in court, you may call (912) 748-8302 or come to the Bloomingdale Police Department located at #6 Adams Road to find out your fine amount. All fines for violations of State law include various state and county surcharges based on the offense.
Payment may be made at the court customer service window at the Bloomingdale Police Department Building, Monday through Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm, or you may mail your payment to:
Bloomingdale Municipal Court
P.O. Box 216
Bloomingdale, GA 31302
Payment may be made in cash, cashier check, money order, credit card or debit. If you are paying with debit or credit cards, please be aware that there will be a 4% processing fee. Personal checks will NOT be accepted! The court does not recommend sending cash if you mail in your fine.
Attention Speeders: Before paying your speeding citation, please click the following link to see if you are in violation of the Georgia Super Speeder Law. Please contact our office if you have any further questions regarding the super speeder law.
If your payment is not received by 12:00 noon of your assigned court date, or you do not appear in court on your assigned court date, your case will be treated as a failure to appear and a warrant may be issued for your arrest, and/or your driver's license may be suspended.